St. Patrick's Day Events in Hampton Roads
We can't help but get excited about all the great things happening this month. March means Spring is on its way, college basketball is here at last, daffodils are in bloom and, finally, we can get out of the house and celebrate the luck of the Irish!
We are looking forward to seeing you all at our Third Annual "Lucky Pot Luck" on Thursday, March 12th in the clubhouse from 5:00-6:30. We will be providing fried chicken and rolls, Don't forget to RSVP and let us know what you are bringing by (email: email@example.com, reply to this post, call us at 757-827-8147, or stop in the leasing office). Come eat and join in great conversation, and possibly even win prizes!
St. Patrick's Day in Coastal Virginia brings festivities abounding. Whether you're into catching a local parade, embarking on a historic, progressive tour or simply relaxing at a local, Irish pub, you're in LUCK! We've compiled five St. Patrick's Day events for you to choose from while scheming on your social calendar.
Grab a friend, neighbor or coworker, and head out this St. Patrick's Day to any one of these events:
- 48th Annual St. Patrick's Day Parade. Kicking off at 10 am in Norfolk's Ocean View, this annual event is NOT to be missed. Stay all day for the After Parade Party, or make a night of it and get tickets to the evening's Emerald Ball.
- Shamrockin' in Ghent. This annual block party hosted in Norfolk's Ghent neighborhood begins with a wild parade, and continues onward with drink and dining specials at area restaurants. A portion of proceeds benefit Hope House Foundation. More details, here.
- James River Plantation St. Patrick's Day Progressive Tour. Experience "the legacy of St. Patrick," by exploring the Piney Grove at Southall's Plantation in Williamsburg. The two hour tour includes green beverages and shamrock shaped cookies.
- Shamrock Party on O'Plaza. Head to Fountain Plaza at City Center at Oyster Point in Newport News for live music, Irish dance performances, green beverages and refreshments and more!
- Kelly's Tavern in Hampton. Keep it simple, and venture out to Kelly's Irish Tavern for some Irish Pub action this St. Patrick's Day. Bring friends, or make them at the bar, and experience a local twist on a classic, Irish tradition.
Filed Under: Life in Hampton, VA
Mira Roberts studied writing at New York University, graduating with a BA in English Literature before pursuing a career in media, marketing and management with PARADE Magazine, Portfolio Magazine, AltDaily, skirt! and lululemon athletica. A full time mother, writing instructor and part-time freelance writer, Mira lives and laughs with her family in Norfolk, VA.
comments powered by Disqus