Outdoor Spring Festivals in Hampton Roads
Now that the days are growing longer and the temperatures are growing warmer, it's time get outside and enjoy everything our community, neighborhood and region have to offer. Coastal Virginia is one of the most beautiful places to call home in the state, and features some of the most spectacular outdoor venues for hosting festivals.
From oceanfront and riverfront music festivals to outdoor bazaars and beer and wine tastings hosted on the grounds of lush, city parks, when you want to get out and celebrate the season with music, food and friends, you've got options this spring in Hampton Roads.
This April and May, mark your calendars for a few of our favorite outdoor festivals in both Hampton and nearby Norfolk. All of these festivals are just a short drive from your front door, and a few of them are even accessible by boat! Whether you want to relax with family-friendly activities, or don your favorite sundress or seersucker suit for an outdoor wine tasting, you'll find everything you're looking for in our list of Outdoor Spring Festivals:
- 10th Annual Spring Town Point Virginia Wine Festival. Gather your friends and rent a table or chalet and sample delicious wines from across the state of Virginia. Nosh on gourmet goodies while you sip a cool glass of your favorite regional wine and listen to live music on the outdoor stage.
- 15th Annual Virginia Beer Festival. Sample more than 150 beers from breweries around the world. Featuring many local and regional brews as well as live musical performances from local favorites, Buckshot, you'll want to show up early with your friends and taste buds ready!
- Hampton Heritage Day. Head to the Hampton Carousel and Carousel Park this April and commemorate the "melding of the Native American, European and African cultures" that have shaped the community in this region. This family-friendly event includes live performances, cultural displays, food, beverages and more.
- 2016 Greek Festival. Authentic Greek food, music, dancing, shopping and entertainment are prominent features at this exciting, 3 day event held at the Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral in Norfolk, VA.
- The Bodacious Boardwalk Bazaar and Wine Fest at Fort Monroe. This three day event at Historic Fort Monroe includes a wine and beer tasting, outstanding shopping vendors, live music and activities for every person in your group.
Filed Under: Life in Hampton, VA
Mira Roberts studied writing at New York University, graduating with a BA in English Literature before pursuing a career in media, marketing and management with PARADE Magazine, Portfolio Magazine, AltDaily, skirt! and lululemon athletica. A full time mother, writing instructor and part-time freelance writer, Mira lives and laughs with her family in Norfolk, VA.
comments powered by Disqus